Bob Books - Sight Words Kindergarten Box Set | Phonics, Ages 4 and up, Kindergarten, Flashcards (Stage 2: Emerging Reader) (Mixed media product)
Created by a teacher, Bob Books have been helping children learn to read for more than forty years! Introduce young readers to key sight words with this fun, phonics-based box set of easy-to-read stories.
Sight words, also known as high frequency words, are common words that appear again and again in children's reading materials. Knowing these words “by sight” is essential for reading fluency. Kids learn to easily recognize 30 of these words in Bob Books Sight Words - Kindergarten. Each story introduces three new sight words commonly taught in Kindergarten. The rest of the words in each book can be sounded out. With plenty of repetition within each story, and pictures that support the text, your young reader will quickly master early sight words!
Inside the box you’ll find:
- 10 small, hilarious, easy-to-read books: 12 pages each, 10-27 unique words per book, sized perfectly for little hands
- 30 two-sided flashcards to practice the sight words in the set
- A parent guide with tips for helping your child learn to read
Each book includes:
- 30 new sight words: 3 new words per book
- Decodable text: Mostly three- and four-letter words with short vowels that can be sounded out (hid, jet, frog)
- Simple sentences (The sun goes down.)
- Friendly, simple illustrations that add fun and do not distract from the words
Guided Reading Levels: B, C | Lexile® Measure: BR0L – 270L | Bob Books Level: Stage 2
Ages: 4-6 | Grade Levels: Kindergarten, First Grade
Bob Books’ phonics-based method aligns with the body of research known as the Science of Reading, which proves that systematic phonics instruction is crucial to children’s reading success. With simple phonics, playful stories, and silly illustrations, Bob Books keep young readers’ confidence high, leading to continued success and a love of reading. Your child will soon join the millions of happy kids who say, “I read the whole book!”®
About the Author
Lynn Maslen Kertell is the current manager of Bob Books® and the author of the Bob Books learn-to-read sets More Beginning Readers, Sight Words: Kindergarten, Sight Words: First Grade, Rhyming Words, First Stories, and Animal Stories; and the Bob Books Stories series. You can visit her online and learn more about Bob Books at bobbooks.com.