McIntyre's Books operating hours are 10am to 5pm Wednesday through Sunday. We are located in Fearrington Village, halfway between Chapel Hill and Pittsboro on US 15-501.
Please note that any and all orders placed on our site are available for in store pick up AND curbside service; we will inform you when your order is ready for pick up.
For those visiting our store in person, we know you will be entering wearing masks as per Governor Cooper's mandate. We are also asking all visitors who are browsing and picking up books to wear gloves which we make available at our entry.
Please call 919.542.3030 if needed. If you reach our answering maching during our open hours, don't fret. Call us back within a minute or two or we will call you back as soon as we can.
We cannot thank you so very much for supporting a local small business
We want you to be happy with your purchase but understand that sometimes an item needs to be returned. Please review the return policies below and contact us with any questions.
- You may return or exchange any book or non-book item in its original condition for a full refund (excluding shipping cost) within 7 days of receiving your order. Non-Book items must also include all original tags and/or packaging.
- Without a receipt/invoice, a return may be approved for exchange or store credit at the manager's discretion and only at the current value of the book. Please contact us for details
- For all returns/exchanges, the customer is responsible for costs of return shipping. We recommend you return your items using an insured and traceable method. We are not responsible for packages lost or damaged during the return transit.
- Special order items that are not usually carried and have been ordered specifically at your request may not be returned.
- If you receive your order and find an item to be missing, incorrect or damaged please contact the store within 7 days, so that we may address and resolve the issue as quickly as possible for you.